Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sagada Trail Ride


This ride was on: June 1, 2008

The next day, Sunday morning, around 9am we headed off to Steve's place (aka Dayuhan of pmtb forum) to check out my crank. It had a grinding sound the night before, but disappeared as soon as it got wet thanks to the rain.

Photos:










Joey, Steve's downhiller kid (one helluva rider!), checked out my cranks and derailleurs which had no problem. Then I tried oiling my chain and voila! The grinding sound was gone! 

Steve and Joey took us to their playground, I love it! My butt was a bit sore and numb at the same time because of the Banaue-Sagada ride we did the day before. They took us to awesome sights and to the place they call Marlboro Country haha.














 The ride was from passed 9am up to approx 12noon. Since my Cateye cyclo got reset, my approximate was it was a gruelling 15-20 kms. Only a few flats. No cemented part, all technical trails (Steve correct me if I'm wrong please), my almost roadie-looking, worn-out Maxxis Ignitor added problems not to mention my lack of rides in the past weeks (I'm only a weekend rider fyi). Highly recommended: full sus rig and thick tires. 



After lunch we had some rest back at the Greenhouse Inn. Afterwards, we went back at Steve's place and had more trail riding. We did an 8-km trail ride, but believe me when I said it was the hardest 8-kms ride I ever did! We did it for 2 hours. I was able to video some of Joey's downhilling, boy is he one amazing kid.






Again the view was awesome. Then we again headed off to the Yoghurt house and I had their special for merienda, where it had some bananas, strawberries, grains and something I couldn't remember. After some rest, we headed back to Steve's place for some booze and a lil chitchat in their fireplace.






I'll be coming back to Sagada! Steve thanks again for your warm welcome! Joey, stay crazy pal, teach me what your Yeti did haha. Whew!

PS: I had the best Yoghurt at the Yoghurt house! ^_^

Above: The Green House Inn. 
Below: Nanay, a native of Sagada, owner of Green House



The next day prepared our bikes for a trip to Baguio and then Manila.


Having coffee at Kidlat Tahimik's coffee shop. SM Baguio at the back.





Baguio, Mount Sto. Tomas in front of the clouds.
Date: June 1, 2008


2 comments:

Mindanaoan Driver said...

wow!

ganda ganda! I am looking forward in your next trips dude!

Cosmic Bubblegum said...

thanks dude. I'll be posting photos of my latest adventure soon.Ü